Bal Thackeray critical: Mumbai film industry shut
Mumbai: As a mark of solidarity with Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray who remains in a critical condition, cine artists and other associations have called for a complete shutdown of the Mumbai film industry on Thursday.
As per reports, film as well as TV serial shooting has been suspended at most studios. Many artists have also voluntarily decided to stay away from work.
The health condition of 86-year-old Bala Saheb remains critical even as a team of doctors are keeping a close watch on his condition. His condition has shown marginal improvement, prompting doctors to take him off life support.
Reports said that Thackeray has started responding to the medications.
Thousands of anxious partymen and his admirers have converged outside ‘Matoshree’ to get first hand information about the health condition of the octogenarian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 82 seats, BJP in 47; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains lead in BMC poll results, begins celebrations in Mumbai; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur