Bal Thackeray critical: Mumbai film industry shut
Mumbai: As a mark of solidarity with Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray who remains in a critical condition, cine artists and other associations have called for a complete shutdown of the Mumbai film industry on Thursday.
As per reports, film as well as TV serial shooting has been suspended at most studios. Many artists have also voluntarily decided to stay away from work.
The health condition of 86-year-old Bala Saheb remains critical even as a team of doctors are keeping a close watch on his condition. His condition has shown marginal improvement, prompting doctors to take him off life support.
Reports said that Thackeray has started responding to the medications.
Thousands of anxious partymen and his admirers have converged outside ‘Matoshree’ to get first hand information about the health condition of the octogenarian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'
- IPL 2016: Mumbai Indians sign Jerome Taylor as injured Lasith Malinga's replacement
- AugustaWestland chopper deal: It's political conspiracy to cover up criminal negligence in pursuing CBI inquiry, says AK Antony
- Tiger Shroff regrets making housewife comment?
- Britain would be less well off after Brexit: OECD