Bal Thackeray launches grand-son in politics
Mumbai: Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray
tonight launched his grand-son Aditya into politics annointing
him as the head of its youth wing at a Dussehra rally which
also witnessed three generations of Thackerays sharing the
Handing over a sword to Aditya to encourage him in his
new endeavour--Yuva Sena, the 83-year-old Thackeray at the
same time said he does not believe in "dynasty politics" in
the Sena. 20-year-old Aditya, who is making his first major
public appearance, is Sena Executive President Uddhav
"I never brought Udhhav in Sena. He was made executive
president by `Krishnakunj` person (official residence of his
estranged nephew and MNS chief Raj Thackeray). In fact, I
opposed it, but all the party functionaries accepted Uddhav`s
leadership," he said at the traditional annual Dusshera rally
at central Mumbai`s Shivaji Park ground here.
"The party works on Shivshahi and not poor democracy. You
cannot take decisions without asking me. You may call me a
dictator or Hitler. But I did not start this dynasty," he
On his grand-son leading the party`s youth wing,
Thackeray said "I will not promote Aditya. If he wants to join
Sena he can." He also appreciated Aditya and his young
colleagues for initiating the Yuva Sena.
"Instead of criticizing them, one should appreciate
Aditya and his friends for doing some constructive work," he
Aditya said Yuva Sena wil be an "entry point" for those
who want to join the Sena.
Bal Thackeray also took potshots at MNS chief and his
estranged nephew Raj saying only copying style is not enough.
"Someone has stolen my style. Now people might say that
I am copying him. But that is not enough, thoughts are
important. Do you read and keep yourself upgraded? Only raking
up the Marathi issue will not help," Thackeray said referring
to Raj, who is known for aping the oratory style of his uncle.
Ridiculing Maharashtra Navnirman Sena`s Marathi agenda,
Thackeray said Raj was not even born when he took up the
Uddhav Thackeray slammed Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram for his comments on "saffron terrorism".
"When the country is under threat from China and
Pakistan, Chidambaram is not doing anything about it. Instead,
he is "looking" for saffron terrorism," Uddhav said in his
address at the rally.
"Yes, we have a saffron flag and Chhatrapati Shivaji
Maharaj gave it to us. Saffron is the colour of revolt," he
Uddhav said it is true that terrorism should not have
any colour, but then the Centre is biased on this issue.
Following the Bombay High Court`s judgement over
maintaining a noise level of not more than 50 decibels during
the rally, the Shiv Sena had installed sound barriers in the
ground, which falls under the silence zone.
Taking potshots at this move, Thackeray sarcastically
asked whether the "sound" was at qa level of 50 decibels or
"This is Sena`s roar. It will not fit into given decibel
criteria. How will you suppress our voice," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India