Bal Thackeray no more; pall of gloom envelops Shiv Sena cadres
Mumbai: With the news of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray`s death spreading like a wildfire across the city, party leaders are seen struggling to keep in check the emotions that are running high among the cadres.
Announcement was made on loudspeakers appealing the Sainiks to remain calm in the wake of Thackeray`s death this afternoon.
As the news spread, bereaved women workers that were part of the crowds assembled outside `Matoshree` were seen hugging each other crying inconsolably.
Police had a tough time as the slogan-shouting Shiv Sena workers tried to break through the barricades to reach the entrance gate of Shiv Sena supremo`s Bandra residence.
Senior leader Diwakar Raote appealed to the crowd to remain calm. "Those who are true followers of Balasaheb should maintain discipline and cooperate with police to maintain law and order," he said.
Raote said if the party cadres resorted to ruckus, followers of Balasaheb from all over Maharashtra will not be able to reach here to pay their last respects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step