Bal Thackeray to get Shivaji Maharaj award
Thane: Shiv Sena supremo late Bal Thackeray will be posthumously given the Shivaji Maharaj Gaurav award at a function here on February 2.
Late Thackeray would be given the Chhattrapati Shivaji Maharaj Gaurav award for exemplary service in spreading the preachings of the great Maratha warrior.
The award will be given during the 20th Kavi Sammelan to be held here on February 2, Rashtriya Kavi Sammelan organiser Banvari Lal Sharma said on Thursday.
Family members of the Sena supremo have given their consent for the award and party president Uddhav Thackeray and his son Aditya will be present to receive the award, Sharma said.
Also, two other awards - Maharanapratap Bravery Award and Harivanshrai Bachchan Literature Award - will be given on the occasion, he said.
The Maharanapratap Bravery award will be given to Gajendrasingh Bist (Ashok Chakra) who gave his life in the 26/11 Mumbai attack and Capt Vijayant Thapar (Veer Chakra), who died serving nation during the Kargil war.
The Harivanshrai Bachchan Literature award will be given to renowned poet Sagar Tripathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa