Bal Thackeray to get Shivaji Maharaj award
Thane: Shiv Sena supremo late Bal Thackeray will be posthumously given the Shivaji Maharaj Gaurav award at a function here on February 2.
Late Thackeray would be given the Chhattrapati Shivaji Maharaj Gaurav award for exemplary service in spreading the preachings of the great Maratha warrior.
The award will be given during the 20th Kavi Sammelan to be held here on February 2, Rashtriya Kavi Sammelan organiser Banvari Lal Sharma said on Thursday.
Family members of the Sena supremo have given their consent for the award and party president Uddhav Thackeray and his son Aditya will be present to receive the award, Sharma said.
Also, two other awards - Maharanapratap Bravery Award and Harivanshrai Bachchan Literature Award - will be given on the occasion, he said.
The Maharanapratap Bravery award will be given to Gajendrasingh Bist (Ashok Chakra) who gave his life in the 26/11 Mumbai attack and Capt Vijayant Thapar (Veer Chakra), who died serving nation during the Kargil war.
The Harivanshrai Bachchan Literature award will be given to renowned poet Sagar Tripathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims