Bal Thackeray to get Shivaji Maharaj award
Thane: Shiv Sena supremo late Bal Thackeray will be posthumously given the Shivaji Maharaj Gaurav award at a function here on February 2.
Late Thackeray would be given the Chhattrapati Shivaji Maharaj Gaurav award for exemplary service in spreading the preachings of the great Maratha warrior.
The award will be given during the 20th Kavi Sammelan to be held here on February 2, Rashtriya Kavi Sammelan organiser Banvari Lal Sharma said on Thursday.
Family members of the Sena supremo have given their consent for the award and party president Uddhav Thackeray and his son Aditya will be present to receive the award, Sharma said.
Also, two other awards - Maharanapratap Bravery Award and Harivanshrai Bachchan Literature Award - will be given on the occasion, he said.
The Maharanapratap Bravery award will be given to Gajendrasingh Bist (Ashok Chakra) who gave his life in the 26/11 Mumbai attack and Capt Vijayant Thapar (Veer Chakra), who died serving nation during the Kargil war.
The Harivanshrai Bachchan Literature award will be given to renowned poet Sagar Tripathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren