Bal Thackeray to get Shivaji Maharaj award
Thane: Shiv Sena supremo late Bal Thackeray will be posthumously given the Shivaji Maharaj Gaurav award at a function here on February 2.
Late Thackeray would be given the Chhattrapati Shivaji Maharaj Gaurav award for exemplary service in spreading the preachings of the great Maratha warrior.
The award will be given during the 20th Kavi Sammelan to be held here on February 2, Rashtriya Kavi Sammelan organiser Banvari Lal Sharma said on Thursday.
Family members of the Sena supremo have given their consent for the award and party president Uddhav Thackeray and his son Aditya will be present to receive the award, Sharma said.
Also, two other awards - Maharanapratap Bravery Award and Harivanshrai Bachchan Literature Award - will be given on the occasion, he said.
The Maharanapratap Bravery award will be given to Gajendrasingh Bist (Ashok Chakra) who gave his life in the 26/11 Mumbai attack and Capt Vijayant Thapar (Veer Chakra), who died serving nation during the Kargil war.
The Harivanshrai Bachchan Literature award will be given to renowned poet Sagar Tripathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional