Bal Thackeray’s b’day passes as a low-key affair
Thane: Owing to the model code of conduct
in effect, the birthday celebrations of political leaders,
including Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray, who turns 86 today,
is a simple affair- without any cut-outs, hoardings and
banners at public places.
Due to the ongoing model code of conduct for the
upcoming Zilla Parishad and municipal polls in the state, the
party workers cannot put up banners, arches, banners at public
places and junctions. They cannot even hold promotional
functions and competitions due to the election code, sources
in the party`s district unit said.
Similarly, the party workers will not be able to
celebrate the birthday of late Sena leader Anand Dighe on
January 27. Likewise, there would be no celebrations on MLA
Eknath Shinde`s birthday on February 9, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet