Bal Thackeray’s b’day passes as a low-key affair
Thane: Owing to the model code of conduct
in effect, the birthday celebrations of political leaders,
including Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray, who turns 86 today,
is a simple affair- without any cut-outs, hoardings and
banners at public places.
Due to the ongoing model code of conduct for the
upcoming Zilla Parishad and municipal polls in the state, the
party workers cannot put up banners, arches, banners at public
places and junctions. They cannot even hold promotional
functions and competitions due to the election code, sources
in the party`s district unit said.
Similarly, the party workers will not be able to
celebrate the birthday of late Sena leader Anand Dighe on
January 27. Likewise, there would be no celebrations on MLA
Eknath Shinde`s birthday on February 9, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!