Bal Thackeray’s health has improved: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Friday sought to allay fears that its chief, Bal Thackeray’s condition has deteriorated further.
In fact, at a press conference the party said that Bal Thackeray’s condition had improved and that he would himself reply to the opposition in his style about his health fears.
The Shiv Sena, which today held a meeting of its MPs and MLAs in Mumbai before the Winter Session of both Lok Sabha and state Assembly, denied the meeting was called to discuss the party chief’s worsening health condition.
The ‘emergency’ meeting was called by Bal Thackeray’s son and party executive president Uddhav.
Thackeray’s nephew and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray had yesterday met his ailing uncle. Maharashtra minister and senior NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal also went to see ailing Shiv Sena supremo and enquired about his health.
Bal Thackeray, who founded the party in 1966, has not been keeping well. At a Dussehra rally held in Mumbai last week, he addressed Sena workers via video conference, and asked them to support his son Uddhav and grandson Aditya.
"I have collapsed physically...I can`t walk...I am tired," he said.
Raj, who formed his own political party in 2006 after Uddhav was made the Sena chief, later reconciled with his uncle in July, when Uddhav was hospitalised with heart problems.
Bal Thackeray had reportedly phoned him and asked him to attend to Uddhav.
Raj has met with Bal Thackeray four times in the last four months, triggering speculations that the MNS may soon merge with the Shiv Sena or work closely with it in the near future.
Next Assembly Elections in Maharashtra would be held in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you