Bal Thackeray’s health has improved: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Friday sought to allay fears that its chief, Bal Thackeray’s condition has deteriorated further.
In fact, at a press conference the party said that Bal Thackeray’s condition had improved and that he would himself reply to the opposition in his style about his health fears.
The Shiv Sena, which today held a meeting of its MPs and MLAs in Mumbai before the Winter Session of both Lok Sabha and state Assembly, denied the meeting was called to discuss the party chief’s worsening health condition.
The ‘emergency’ meeting was called by Bal Thackeray’s son and party executive president Uddhav.
Thackeray’s nephew and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray had yesterday met his ailing uncle. Maharashtra minister and senior NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal also went to see ailing Shiv Sena supremo and enquired about his health.
Bal Thackeray, who founded the party in 1966, has not been keeping well. At a Dussehra rally held in Mumbai last week, he addressed Sena workers via video conference, and asked them to support his son Uddhav and grandson Aditya.
"I have collapsed physically...I can`t walk...I am tired," he said.
Raj, who formed his own political party in 2006 after Uddhav was made the Sena chief, later reconciled with his uncle in July, when Uddhav was hospitalised with heart problems.
Bal Thackeray had reportedly phoned him and asked him to attend to Uddhav.
Raj has met with Bal Thackeray four times in the last four months, triggering speculations that the MNS may soon merge with the Shiv Sena or work closely with it in the near future.
Next Assembly Elections in Maharashtra would be held in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly