Bal Thackeray’s health has improved: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Friday sought to allay fears that its chief, Bal Thackeray’s condition has deteriorated further.
In fact, at a press conference the party said that Bal Thackeray’s condition had improved and that he would himself reply to the opposition in his style about his health fears.
The Shiv Sena, which today held a meeting of its MPs and MLAs in Mumbai before the Winter Session of both Lok Sabha and state Assembly, denied the meeting was called to discuss the party chief’s worsening health condition.
The ‘emergency’ meeting was called by Bal Thackeray’s son and party executive president Uddhav.
Thackeray’s nephew and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray had yesterday met his ailing uncle. Maharashtra minister and senior NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal also went to see ailing Shiv Sena supremo and enquired about his health.
Bal Thackeray, who founded the party in 1966, has not been keeping well. At a Dussehra rally held in Mumbai last week, he addressed Sena workers via video conference, and asked them to support his son Uddhav and grandson Aditya.
"I have collapsed physically...I can`t walk...I am tired," he said.
Raj, who formed his own political party in 2006 after Uddhav was made the Sena chief, later reconciled with his uncle in July, when Uddhav was hospitalised with heart problems.
Bal Thackeray had reportedly phoned him and asked him to attend to Uddhav.
Raj has met with Bal Thackeray four times in the last four months, triggering speculations that the MNS may soon merge with the Shiv Sena or work closely with it in the near future.
Next Assembly Elections in Maharashtra would be held in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?