Bal Thackeray`s last rites to be held at Shivaji Park
Mumbai: The last rites of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray will be performed at Shivaji Park in central Mumbai, where he had addressed his followers for over four decades.
The mortal remains of the 86-year-old Sena patriarch will be taken from his residence at `Matoshree` to Sena Bhavan in Dadar at around 7.30 am. The body would be kept at Shivaji Park from 9 am for Shiv Sena workers to pay their last respects.
"The funeral would be held at Shivaji Park ground. We have received permission from the state government in this regard," Shiv Sena MP and party spokesperson Sanjay Raut told a news agency.
According to Sena sources, there would be no funeral procession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves