Bal Thackeray`s last rites to be held at Shivaji Park
Mumbai: The last rites of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray will be performed at Shivaji Park in central Mumbai, where he had addressed his followers for over four decades.
The mortal remains of the 86-year-old Sena patriarch will be taken from his residence at `Matoshree` to Sena Bhavan in Dadar at around 7.30 am. The body would be kept at Shivaji Park from 9 am for Shiv Sena workers to pay their last respects.
"The funeral would be held at Shivaji Park ground. We have received permission from the state government in this regard," Shiv Sena MP and party spokesperson Sanjay Raut told a news agency.
According to Sena sources, there would be no funeral procession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal