`Balatkari` cocktail on Mumbai pub’s menu
Mumbai: What would you name a very potent drink? ‘Balatkari’ if you own the popular Bonobo bar in Mumbai.
The shocking insensitivity towards crime against women by the owners of the bar came to the fore after a group of women led by NCP leaders vandalized the famous watering hole in Bandra’s tony Linking Road.
According to reports, co-owners Dinesh Gandhi and Nevile Timbadia regret serving ‘Balatkari’ drink but insist that their intention was not to hurt sentiments.
They said that the cocktail was named ‘Balatkari’ as it was very a mind-shaking and very potent drink.
Following protests by NCP activists, Gandhi and Timbadia were booked by the police. However, a local court on Friday granted them bail.
Members of the NCP women’s brigade said that it is shocking that the owners of the bar were seeking cheap publicity by resorting to such tactics.
Recently the brutal gang-rape and death of a 23-year-old woman in the national capital had sparked national outrage and triggered a debate on the issue of sexual offences against women in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says