`Balatkari` cocktail on Mumbai pub’s menu
Mumbai: What would you name a very potent drink? ‘Balatkari’ if you own the popular Bonobo bar in Mumbai.
The shocking insensitivity towards crime against women by the owners of the bar came to the fore after a group of women led by NCP leaders vandalized the famous watering hole in Bandra’s tony Linking Road.
According to reports, co-owners Dinesh Gandhi and Nevile Timbadia regret serving ‘Balatkari’ drink but insist that their intention was not to hurt sentiments.
They said that the cocktail was named ‘Balatkari’ as it was very a mind-shaking and very potent drink.
Following protests by NCP activists, Gandhi and Timbadia were booked by the police. However, a local court on Friday granted them bail.
Members of the NCP women’s brigade said that it is shocking that the owners of the bar were seeking cheap publicity by resorting to such tactics.
Recently the brutal gang-rape and death of a 23-year-old woman in the national capital had sparked national outrage and triggered a debate on the issue of sexual offences against women in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'