`Balatkari` cocktail on Mumbai pub’s menu
Mumbai: What would you name a very potent drink? ‘Balatkari’ if you own the popular Bonobo bar in Mumbai.
The shocking insensitivity towards crime against women by the owners of the bar came to the fore after a group of women led by NCP leaders vandalized the famous watering hole in Bandra’s tony Linking Road.
According to reports, co-owners Dinesh Gandhi and Nevile Timbadia regret serving ‘Balatkari’ drink but insist that their intention was not to hurt sentiments.
They said that the cocktail was named ‘Balatkari’ as it was very a mind-shaking and very potent drink.
Following protests by NCP activists, Gandhi and Timbadia were booked by the police. However, a local court on Friday granted them bail.
Members of the NCP women’s brigade said that it is shocking that the owners of the bar were seeking cheap publicity by resorting to such tactics.
Recently the brutal gang-rape and death of a 23-year-old woman in the national capital had sparked national outrage and triggered a debate on the issue of sexual offences against women in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?