`Balatkari` cocktail on Mumbai pub’s menu
Mumbai: What would you name a very potent drink? ‘Balatkari’ if you own the popular Bonobo bar in Mumbai.
The shocking insensitivity towards crime against women by the owners of the bar came to the fore after a group of women led by NCP leaders vandalized the famous watering hole in Bandra’s tony Linking Road.
According to reports, co-owners Dinesh Gandhi and Nevile Timbadia regret serving ‘Balatkari’ drink but insist that their intention was not to hurt sentiments.
They said that the cocktail was named ‘Balatkari’ as it was very a mind-shaking and very potent drink.
Following protests by NCP activists, Gandhi and Timbadia were booked by the police. However, a local court on Friday granted them bail.
Members of the NCP women’s brigade said that it is shocking that the owners of the bar were seeking cheap publicity by resorting to such tactics.
Recently the brutal gang-rape and death of a 23-year-old woman in the national capital had sparked national outrage and triggered a debate on the issue of sexual offences against women in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter