`Balatkari` cocktail on Mumbai pub’s menu
Mumbai: What would you name a very potent drink? ‘Balatkari’ if you own the popular Bonobo bar in Mumbai.
The shocking insensitivity towards crime against women by the owners of the bar came to the fore after a group of women led by NCP leaders vandalized the famous watering hole in Bandra’s tony Linking Road.
According to reports, co-owners Dinesh Gandhi and Nevile Timbadia regret serving ‘Balatkari’ drink but insist that their intention was not to hurt sentiments.
They said that the cocktail was named ‘Balatkari’ as it was very a mind-shaking and very potent drink.
Following protests by NCP activists, Gandhi and Timbadia were booked by the police. However, a local court on Friday granted them bail.
Members of the NCP women’s brigade said that it is shocking that the owners of the bar were seeking cheap publicity by resorting to such tactics.
Recently the brutal gang-rape and death of a 23-year-old woman in the national capital had sparked national outrage and triggered a debate on the issue of sexual offences against women in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional