Bandra slums fire a conspiracy: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday alleged
that the fire in Garib Nagar slums in suburban Bandra last
week was a "conspiracy".
Raj also targeted child actor Rubina -- of Slumdog
Millionaire fame -- for making hue and cry over the fire, in
which her house too was burnt.
"The fire in Bandra slums was a conspiracy. No
casualties were reported, only houses were burnt. How can the
government and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation not be
aware of the slums which have two-three-storey structures,"
Raj said in his speech on the fifth foundation-anniversary of
"On one hand number of Maharashtrians in the city is
declining and on the other hand, government is providing free
housing to outsiders who live illegally in slums....Same
conspiracy unfolded in Garib Nagar," he said.
As to Rubina, Raj said, "Rubina was provided a free house
by the government after the success of the movie, why was she
staying in the slums?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''