Bandra slums fire a conspiracy: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday alleged
that the fire in Garib Nagar slums in suburban Bandra last
week was a "conspiracy".
Raj also targeted child actor Rubina -- of Slumdog
Millionaire fame -- for making hue and cry over the fire, in
which her house too was burnt.
"The fire in Bandra slums was a conspiracy. No
casualties were reported, only houses were burnt. How can the
government and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation not be
aware of the slums which have two-three-storey structures,"
Raj said in his speech on the fifth foundation-anniversary of
"On one hand number of Maharashtrians in the city is
declining and on the other hand, government is providing free
housing to outsiders who live illegally in slums....Same
conspiracy unfolded in Garib Nagar," he said.
As to Rubina, Raj said, "Rubina was provided a free house
by the government after the success of the movie, why was she
staying in the slums?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!