Bandra slums fire a conspiracy: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday alleged
that the fire in Garib Nagar slums in suburban Bandra last
week was a "conspiracy".
Raj also targeted child actor Rubina -- of Slumdog
Millionaire fame -- for making hue and cry over the fire, in
which her house too was burnt.
"The fire in Bandra slums was a conspiracy. No
casualties were reported, only houses were burnt. How can the
government and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation not be
aware of the slums which have two-three-storey structures,"
Raj said in his speech on the fifth foundation-anniversary of
"On one hand number of Maharashtrians in the city is
declining and on the other hand, government is providing free
housing to outsiders who live illegally in slums....Same
conspiracy unfolded in Garib Nagar," he said.
As to Rubina, Raj said, "Rubina was provided a free house
by the government after the success of the movie, why was she
staying in the slums?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II