Bandra slums fire a conspiracy: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday alleged
that the fire in Garib Nagar slums in suburban Bandra last
week was a "conspiracy".
Raj also targeted child actor Rubina -- of Slumdog
Millionaire fame -- for making hue and cry over the fire, in
which her house too was burnt.
"The fire in Bandra slums was a conspiracy. No
casualties were reported, only houses were burnt. How can the
government and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation not be
aware of the slums which have two-three-storey structures,"
Raj said in his speech on the fifth foundation-anniversary of
"On one hand number of Maharashtrians in the city is
declining and on the other hand, government is providing free
housing to outsiders who live illegally in slums....Same
conspiracy unfolded in Garib Nagar," he said.
As to Rubina, Raj said, "Rubina was provided a free house
by the government after the success of the movie, why was she
staying in the slums?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men