Bangalore-bound Kingfisher flight had lost contact with ATC
Mumbai: A Bangalore-bound Kingfisher flight with 162 passengers on board from Delhi lost radio contact with Nagpur area control for over 30 minutes, officials said here on Sunday.
The incident happened on Wednesday when the flight was hovering over Nagpur, they said. The Kingfisher flight which took off from Delhi airport at 2:05 pm was initially in touch with the Delhi ATC. When the flight flew southwards, the Delhi ATC asked the pilot to contact Nagpur Area Control, they said.
However, the pilot allegedly failed to contact the Nagpur ATC for around half an hour. The pilot also did not respond to calls on regular and emergency VHF (very high frequency) by the ATC, the officials said.
When contacted a Kingfisher Airlines spokesperson said initial inquiry suggested that the pilot reported bad weather and heavy static while flying over Nagpur area control.
"Preliminary indications are that the pilot reported bad weather and heavy static when they transitioned from Delhi area control to Nagpur area control," the spokesperson said. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has reportedly initiated a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day