Bangladeshi couple sent to jail
Thane: A Bangladeshi couple, arrested for staying illegally here, has been remanded in judicial custody for 14 days by a court here.
Litan Sikdohi (20) and his wife Moshita (18) were nabbed by Railway Police on Wednesday and produced before a court in Kalyan yesterday.
The two have been booked under the Foreigners Act and Passport Act for illegally entering India and staying here, said an officer at Thane Government Railway Police (GRP) station.
Moshita crossed the Indo-Bangla border a week ago to meet Sikdohi, who had been working as a labourer in Navi Mumbai for the past one month, he said.
Police arrested Moshita when she got down from a train and subsequently traced her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman