Bangladeshi couple sent to jail
Thane: A Bangladeshi couple, arrested for staying illegally here, has been remanded in judicial custody for 14 days by a court here.
Litan Sikdohi (20) and his wife Moshita (18) were nabbed by Railway Police on Wednesday and produced before a court in Kalyan yesterday.
The two have been booked under the Foreigners Act and Passport Act for illegally entering India and staying here, said an officer at Thane Government Railway Police (GRP) station.
Moshita crossed the Indo-Bangla border a week ago to meet Sikdohi, who had been working as a labourer in Navi Mumbai for the past one month, he said.
Police arrested Moshita when she got down from a train and subsequently traced her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees