Bangladeshi couple sent to jail
Thane: A Bangladeshi couple, arrested for staying illegally here, has been remanded in judicial custody for 14 days by a court here.
Litan Sikdohi (20) and his wife Moshita (18) were nabbed by Railway Police on Wednesday and produced before a court in Kalyan yesterday.
The two have been booked under the Foreigners Act and Passport Act for illegally entering India and staying here, said an officer at Thane Government Railway Police (GRP) station.
Moshita crossed the Indo-Bangla border a week ago to meet Sikdohi, who had been working as a labourer in Navi Mumbai for the past one month, he said.
Police arrested Moshita when she got down from a train and subsequently traced her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users