Bangladeshi couple sent to jail
Thane: A Bangladeshi couple, arrested for staying illegally here, has been remanded in judicial custody for 14 days by a court here.
Litan Sikdohi (20) and his wife Moshita (18) were nabbed by Railway Police on Wednesday and produced before a court in Kalyan yesterday.
The two have been booked under the Foreigners Act and Passport Act for illegally entering India and staying here, said an officer at Thane Government Railway Police (GRP) station.
Moshita crossed the Indo-Bangla border a week ago to meet Sikdohi, who had been working as a labourer in Navi Mumbai for the past one month, he said.
Police arrested Moshita when she got down from a train and subsequently traced her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling