Bangladeshi couple sent to jail
Thane: A Bangladeshi couple, arrested for staying illegally here, has been remanded in judicial custody for 14 days by a court here.
Litan Sikdohi (20) and his wife Moshita (18) were nabbed by Railway Police on Wednesday and produced before a court in Kalyan yesterday.
The two have been booked under the Foreigners Act and Passport Act for illegally entering India and staying here, said an officer at Thane Government Railway Police (GRP) station.
Moshita crossed the Indo-Bangla border a week ago to meet Sikdohi, who had been working as a labourer in Navi Mumbai for the past one month, he said.
Police arrested Moshita when she got down from a train and subsequently traced her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future