B`bay HC asks MSEB to solve power cuts problems during exams
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court today directed
Maharashtra State Electricity Board (MSEB) to come up with a
solution to tackle load-shedding across the state during SSC
and HSC examinations.
"This problem has increased manifold and more in the
rural places. All our meritorious students are from these
districts and they have to study in candle light," a division
bench of Chief Justice Anil Dave and S C Dharmadhikari said.
The court was hearing a public interest litigation (PIL)
filed by social activist Vishnu Gavli stating that the over
7000 SSC and 3500 HSC exam centres in the state face frequent
The MSEB today informed the court that it has tried to
minimise electricity cuts during exam time.
The court today directed the Board to try finding a
solution and file their reply within a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown