B`bay HC asks MSEB to solve power cuts problems during exams
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court today directed
Maharashtra State Electricity Board (MSEB) to come up with a
solution to tackle load-shedding across the state during SSC
and HSC examinations.
"This problem has increased manifold and more in the
rural places. All our meritorious students are from these
districts and they have to study in candle light," a division
bench of Chief Justice Anil Dave and S C Dharmadhikari said.
The court was hearing a public interest litigation (PIL)
filed by social activist Vishnu Gavli stating that the over
7000 SSC and 3500 HSC exam centres in the state face frequent
The MSEB today informed the court that it has tried to
minimise electricity cuts during exam time.
The court today directed the Board to try finding a
solution and file their reply within a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly