Beed abortion case: Court for CBI probe against police officer
Beed: Terming as "unfortunate" the instant bail granted to a doctor couple in connection with a case of death of a woman during abortion at their hospital last month, a sessions court here has suggested that a CBI inquiry be conducted into the alleged role of an investigating officer.
"It`s unfortunate thing that the doctor couple got instant bail," Ambejogai tehsil additional sessions judge R A Gaikwad said in his report, adding the role of police inspector Ramrao Gadekar is under suspicion in the case and the matter should be investigated by the CBI.
Gaikwad referred his report to the high court for necessary action against the person concerned, and also requested for an impartial investigation through CBI in the case.
Earlier, the Maharashtra government had filed a complaint against Vijaymala`s husband Mahadev Patekar, who admitted her in Munde hospital in Parli in Beed district, for termination of pregnancy during her second trimester. The petition regarding the case was filed by public prosecutor A V Kulkarni.
The junior magistrate passed three orders on the same day - granting permission to delete above mention offences, sending both principal accused to judicial custody and eventually releasing them on bail, the judge said in his report.
The doctor couple conducted the abortion of sugarcane worker Vijaymala Patekar, who died during the procedure in the Munde hospital on May 18.
The accused couple got bail on May 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read