Beed: Absconding doctor arrested from Aurangabad
Beed: A Beed-based doctor, who is facing a criminal case for running a hospital despite suspension of licence, was on Sunday arrested from Waluj in Aurangabad district, police said.
With this, three doctors from the city are now in police custody in separate cases, all related to illegal abortions/female foeticide.
Dr Madhav Trimbak Sanap (43) was arrested this morning, Police Inspector Sanjay Lohkare said.
During a crack-down following discovery of two dumped foetuses in Beed last week, an inspection squad of revenue and health officials had found that an operation was carried out recently at Sanap`s `Bhagwan Hospital`, though its license had been revoked by the authorities six months ago.
On June 3, case was registered against Dr Madhav Sanap and Dr Shashikant Dahiphalkar, who manages the hospital.
But Sanap then absconded, police said. Dr Dahiphalkar too is yet to be arrested.
In January this year, Madhav Sanap and other two doctors were awarded one year`s rigorous imprisonment by a local court for conducting a sonography to determine sex of the foetus, which is illegal. Sanap had then secured bail.
Beed district is in news of late because of rising incident of female foeticide.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on