Beed: Absconding doctor arrested from Aurangabad
Beed: A Beed-based doctor, who is facing a criminal case for running a hospital despite suspension of licence, was on Sunday arrested from Waluj in Aurangabad district, police said.
With this, three doctors from the city are now in police custody in separate cases, all related to illegal abortions/female foeticide.
Dr Madhav Trimbak Sanap (43) was arrested this morning, Police Inspector Sanjay Lohkare said.
During a crack-down following discovery of two dumped foetuses in Beed last week, an inspection squad of revenue and health officials had found that an operation was carried out recently at Sanap`s `Bhagwan Hospital`, though its license had been revoked by the authorities six months ago.
On June 3, case was registered against Dr Madhav Sanap and Dr Shashikant Dahiphalkar, who manages the hospital.
But Sanap then absconded, police said. Dr Dahiphalkar too is yet to be arrested.
In January this year, Madhav Sanap and other two doctors were awarded one year`s rigorous imprisonment by a local court for conducting a sonography to determine sex of the foetus, which is illegal. Sanap had then secured bail.
Beed district is in news of late because of rising incident of female foeticide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore