Beed civil surgeon fears threat to life
Beed: A district civil surgeon of Beed has sought police protection fearing threat to her life from a relative of a local doctor arrested in the illegal abortions case here.
In a letter to Beed SP Dattatrya Mandlik, civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod said she feared threat to her life from Dr Shreehari Lahane, the father-in-law of Dr Shivaji Sanap who was arrested on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three abortions, including on a minor girl, police said.
Mandlik said they had received a letter from Rathod, on whose directions police took action against Sanap, and that they had asked senior district officials to cancel the arms license of Lahane.
He also said Lahane`s hospital would also be inspected by police.
Rathod had earlier asked the Beed court to make Lahane a co-accused in the illegal abortions case.
Lahane reportedly gifted his hospital to his daughter (Sanap`s wife) in 2006.
Police said all documents at Sanap`s hospital were being checked and verified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video