Beed civil surgeon fears threat to life
Beed: A district civil surgeon of Beed has sought police protection fearing threat to her life from a relative of a local doctor arrested in the illegal abortions case here.
In a letter to Beed SP Dattatrya Mandlik, civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod said she feared threat to her life from Dr Shreehari Lahane, the father-in-law of Dr Shivaji Sanap who was arrested on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three abortions, including on a minor girl, police said.
Mandlik said they had received a letter from Rathod, on whose directions police took action against Sanap, and that they had asked senior district officials to cancel the arms license of Lahane.
He also said Lahane`s hospital would also be inspected by police.
Rathod had earlier asked the Beed court to make Lahane a co-accused in the illegal abortions case.
Lahane reportedly gifted his hospital to his daughter (Sanap`s wife) in 2006.
Police said all documents at Sanap`s hospital were being checked and verified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?