Beed civil surgeon fears threat to life
Beed: A district civil surgeon of Beed has sought police protection fearing threat to her life from a relative of a local doctor arrested in the illegal abortions case here.
In a letter to Beed SP Dattatrya Mandlik, civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod said she feared threat to her life from Dr Shreehari Lahane, the father-in-law of Dr Shivaji Sanap who was arrested on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three abortions, including on a minor girl, police said.
Mandlik said they had received a letter from Rathod, on whose directions police took action against Sanap, and that they had asked senior district officials to cancel the arms license of Lahane.
He also said Lahane`s hospital would also be inspected by police.
Rathod had earlier asked the Beed court to make Lahane a co-accused in the illegal abortions case.
Lahane reportedly gifted his hospital to his daughter (Sanap`s wife) in 2006.
Police said all documents at Sanap`s hospital were being checked and verified.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed