Beed civil surgeon fears threat to life
Beed: A district civil surgeon of Beed has sought police protection fearing threat to her life from a relative of a local doctor arrested in the illegal abortions case here.
In a letter to Beed SP Dattatrya Mandlik, civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod said she feared threat to her life from Dr Shreehari Lahane, the father-in-law of Dr Shivaji Sanap who was arrested on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three abortions, including on a minor girl, police said.
Mandlik said they had received a letter from Rathod, on whose directions police took action against Sanap, and that they had asked senior district officials to cancel the arms license of Lahane.
He also said Lahane`s hospital would also be inspected by police.
Rathod had earlier asked the Beed court to make Lahane a co-accused in the illegal abortions case.
Lahane reportedly gifted his hospital to his daughter (Sanap`s wife) in 2006.
Police said all documents at Sanap`s hospital were being checked and verified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly