Beed illegal abortions case: Another doc arrested
Beed (Mah): The city police on Wednesday arrested another doctor and two chemists in the illegal abortions case.
Dr Shrihari Lahane, the father-in-law of main accused Dr Shivaji Sanap, was arrested this morning after questioning.
Dr Lahane worked at Dr Sanap`s hospital, and was found to have some involvement in the illegal abortions, said Superintendent of Police Dattatrya Mandlik here.
Dr Sanap was arrested on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three illegal abortions.
Besides, two chemists were also arrested today for not maintaining record of sale of abortion drugs, and selling them without prescription. Mohommad Faiz Ahmad (49) and Mohommad Laik Ahmad (42), the two accused, run Saudagar Medical and General Store here.
Police have also arrested Lata Jogdand, an employee at Dr Sanap`s hospital, for alleged involvement in dumping of two foetuses in the river on June 2.
In another development, the district civil surgeon of Beed has sought police protection, alleging threat to life from Dr Shrihari Lahane.
In a letter to the SP, civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod said there was a threat to her life from Dr Lahane.
Earlier, Mandlik had said police had asked concerned district officials to cancel Lahane`s arms license.
Beed district has the worst child sex ratio in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations