Beed illegal abortions case: Another doc arrested
Beed (Mah): The city police on Wednesday arrested another doctor and two chemists in the illegal abortions case.
Dr Shrihari Lahane, the father-in-law of main accused Dr Shivaji Sanap, was arrested this morning after questioning.
Dr Lahane worked at Dr Sanap`s hospital, and was found to have some involvement in the illegal abortions, said Superintendent of Police Dattatrya Mandlik here.
Dr Sanap was arrested on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three illegal abortions.
Besides, two chemists were also arrested today for not maintaining record of sale of abortion drugs, and selling them without prescription. Mohommad Faiz Ahmad (49) and Mohommad Laik Ahmad (42), the two accused, run Saudagar Medical and General Store here.
Police have also arrested Lata Jogdand, an employee at Dr Sanap`s hospital, for alleged involvement in dumping of two foetuses in the river on June 2.
In another development, the district civil surgeon of Beed has sought police protection, alleging threat to life from Dr Shrihari Lahane.
In a letter to the SP, civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod said there was a threat to her life from Dr Lahane.
Earlier, Mandlik had said police had asked concerned district officials to cancel Lahane`s arms license.
Beed district has the worst child sex ratio in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees