Beed: Pregnant woman`s death; hosp to be sealed
Beed: District authorities along with police have initiated the process to seal Munde hospital at Parli, after a doctor couple running the facility, were charged with the death of a 30-year-old pregnant woman here, officials said today.
The victim, Vijaymala Mahadev Phatekar, a sugarcane labourer died on May 18 due to hemorrhagic shock following second trimester abortion and heavy blood flow. Her operation was conducted at Dr Sudam and Sarswati Munde`s clinic in Parli tehsil.
Ambajogai tehsil Sub-divisional officer Mandar Vaidya said that the Parli police had submitted its report to them for sealing Munde hospital following which a notice was stuck on the building yesterday.
The notice sought a reply within 24 hours as to why the hospital building should not be sealed after complaints of sex determination tests and illegal abortions were received against it, he said.
In they fail to reply, the hospital building will be sealed today, Vaidya said.
Also, Parli police added some more sections (312, 314, 315, 316) of the IPC to the complaint against Munde as the foetus was 18-24 weeks old, when the woman died during the abortion procedure.
It`s a dangerous condition and a non-bailable crime, they said.
Along with the doctor couple, the woman`s husband Mahadev Phatekar, who was caught last evening has been charged under Section 304 of the IPC, which amounts to culpable homicide not amounting to murder. But the accused duo were granted bail in the case on May 19.
They are already facing a case under the Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCPNDT) Act.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram