Beed: Robbers loot Rs 40 lakh from tempo; cops book NCP worker
Beed (Maha): Rs 40 lakh in cash, belonging to a senior BJP functionary, was looted from a tempo on Parli-Telgaon highway today, police said.
Parli Rural police have registered a case against a local NCP worker Suryabhan Munde and others on the complaint of the victim, they said.
Beed is going to polls tomorrow along with 19 Lok Sabha seats across the state.
Police said the money belonged to BJP district president Jugalkishor Lohiya who had given the sum to his employee Shivshankar Vyavhare to buy raw cotton bales. Lohiya is a supporter of BJP stalwart Gopinath Munde.
The incident occurred when the tempo was on its way to Mazalgaon tehsil from Parli city.
"A gang of six-seven persons intercepted the tempo and kidnapped Vyawhare and the driver in their SUV. They snatched the nylon bag containing cash from Vyawhare before dropping him and the driver to their vehicle, and fled," police said.
A case was registered against Suryabhan Munde and others in this regard, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Cricketer Dwayne Bravo to sing peppy number in Bollywood for 'Tum Bin 2'
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat