Beed: Robbers loot Rs 40 lakh from tempo; cops book NCP worker
Beed (Maha): Rs 40 lakh in cash, belonging to a senior BJP functionary, was looted from a tempo on Parli-Telgaon highway today, police said.
Parli Rural police have registered a case against a local NCP worker Suryabhan Munde and others on the complaint of the victim, they said.
Beed is going to polls tomorrow along with 19 Lok Sabha seats across the state.
Police said the money belonged to BJP district president Jugalkishor Lohiya who had given the sum to his employee Shivshankar Vyavhare to buy raw cotton bales. Lohiya is a supporter of BJP stalwart Gopinath Munde.
The incident occurred when the tempo was on its way to Mazalgaon tehsil from Parli city.
"A gang of six-seven persons intercepted the tempo and kidnapped Vyawhare and the driver in their SUV. They snatched the nylon bag containing cash from Vyawhare before dropping him and the driver to their vehicle, and fled," police said.
A case was registered against Suryabhan Munde and others in this regard, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Sushma Swaraj to lead Indian delegation at Mother Teresa's canonisation
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf
- Real Madrid eye Moussa Sissoko as plan B if Paul Pogba pursuit fails: Reports
- Weight loss surgeries can increase risk of fractures: Study
- Lodha effect: Services, Railways to lose voting rights in AIFF