Beed senior cop gives bouquet to SP leader Abu Azmi; MNS fumes
Beed: A senior police officer has invited the wrath of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena for presenting a bouquet to Samajwadi Party leader Abu Asim Azmi here.
Additional Superintendent of Police Madhav Karbhari was wearing his uniform when he handed over flowers to the Maharashtra unit president of Samajwadi Party when the latter got down from his car at Barshi naka area of the city.
Demanding action against the officer, MNS leader Shailesh Jadhav said everybody is equal before the law.
"A police constable was suspended when he presented a rose to MNS chief Raj Thackeray at a rally in Mumbai. In a similar vein, legal action must be initiated against the ASP for giving flowers to Azmi," he said.
When contacted, SP Dattatreya Mandlik said if the incident had indeed happened it was not correct on the part of the officer to give a bouquet.
"I don`t know what happened over there. But if the incident indeed took place, it`s wrong to do so when in uniform. Presumably, Karbhari might be knowing Azmi personally," he said.
Meanwhile, addressing party workers, Azmi said Beed MP and senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde be banned from contesting upcoming elections for his remark that he had spent Rs 8 crore towards campaigning for the last Lok Sabha election.
Munde had made the comment at a book release function in Mumbai on Thursday, after which the Election commission took note of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra