Beed: Woman booked for newborn’s murder
Beed: A woman, who had allegedly dumped her newborn girl child in a drain here, has been booked for murder of the baby, police said Monday.
Meanwhile, both the woman and her male friend have been arrested in connection with the case.
On January 3, the woman was detained for allegedly dumping her newborn baby in Saradgoan village of Parli tehsil in Beed district of Maharashtra.
The body of a newborn baby was found lying in a drain at Saradgaon village on the evening of January 3.
The woman had reportedly delivered a female child at her home in Saradgaon village. However, she claimed that her child was stillborn, police had said.
She was then booked under section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body) of IPC and was first detained but subsequently arrested for the offence.
However, after the autopsy on the body of the baby revealed that she was born alive and died due to severe injuries on her head and stomach, police yesterday charged the woman under section 302 (murder) of IPC, police said.
The woman had allegedly thrown the baby into a drain from a bridge as the child was born out of wedlock, police said.
Also, the woman`s male friend - Eknath Rakhamaji Phad - has been arrested and booked under section 376 (rape) of IPC for allegedly raping the woman on the pretext of marrying her, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali