Beed: Woman booked for newborn’s murder
Beed: A woman, who had allegedly dumped her newborn girl child in a drain here, has been booked for murder of the baby, police said Monday.
Meanwhile, both the woman and her male friend have been arrested in connection with the case.
On January 3, the woman was detained for allegedly dumping her newborn baby in Saradgoan village of Parli tehsil in Beed district of Maharashtra.
The body of a newborn baby was found lying in a drain at Saradgaon village on the evening of January 3.
The woman had reportedly delivered a female child at her home in Saradgaon village. However, she claimed that her child was stillborn, police had said.
She was then booked under section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body) of IPC and was first detained but subsequently arrested for the offence.
However, after the autopsy on the body of the baby revealed that she was born alive and died due to severe injuries on her head and stomach, police yesterday charged the woman under section 302 (murder) of IPC, police said.
The woman had allegedly thrown the baby into a drain from a bridge as the child was born out of wedlock, police said.
Also, the woman`s male friend - Eknath Rakhamaji Phad - has been arrested and booked under section 376 (rape) of IPC for allegedly raping the woman on the pretext of marrying her, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand