Beed: Women held for dumping newborn girl child
Beed: A 30-year-old woman has been detained for allegedly dumping her newborn girl child in Saradgoan village of Parli tehsil in Beed district of Maharashtra, police said here.
The body of a newborn baby was found lying in a drain at Saradgaon village last evening.
Later, while conducting a probe, police detained a woman in connection with the case, Inspector Prashant Deshpande said today.
The woman reportedly delivered a female child at her home in Saradgon village. However, she claimed that her child was stillborn, Deshpande said.
Meanwhile, the body has been sent for autopsy to Ambajogai Medical Collage Hospital.
"We will come to know the exact cause of the death of the newborn after getting the postmortem report," the inspector said.
"It is yet to be ascertained as to when the woman delivered the baby," he added.
A case has been registered against the woman under section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body) of IPC.
Police said they were also looking at other angles in the case including if the baby was born to the woman out of wedlock.
Incidentally, Beed has the lowest male-female sex ratio in the age group of 0-6 years (801 females as against 1,000 male children) as per the 2011 census.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar