Belgaum: ‘Cong trying to cover-up NCP issues’
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa today charged the Maharashtra Government with
raking up the Belgaum boundary issue to "cover up" political
differences between the ruling alliance partners, Congress and
NCP, in the neighbouring state.
"Maharashtra Government is raking up the boundary issue
to cover up Congress-NCP differences in the state and divert
the public attention," Yeddyurappa alleged.
"Mahajan Commission report is final," he told reporters,
a day after Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan asked the
Centre to declare 865 Marathi speaking villages in Karnataka
as a Union Territory.
"It (the boundary dispute) is a closed chapter," he said
pointing out that the Mahajan Commission was appointed after
both Karnataka and Maharashtra gave their approval.
Karnataka had accepted its report, Yeddyurappa said,
adding the Centre had also filed an affidavit declaring that
those villages are part of Karnataka.
He termed as "unfortunate" the raking up of the boundary
issue by Maharashtra Ekikarana Samiti (a pro-Maharashtra
outfit based in Belgaum) and urged the Maharashtra Government
not to entertain its "baseless demand".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir