Belgaum: ‘Cong trying to cover-up NCP issues’
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa today charged the Maharashtra Government with
raking up the Belgaum boundary issue to "cover up" political
differences between the ruling alliance partners, Congress and
NCP, in the neighbouring state.
"Maharashtra Government is raking up the boundary issue
to cover up Congress-NCP differences in the state and divert
the public attention," Yeddyurappa alleged.
"Mahajan Commission report is final," he told reporters,
a day after Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan asked the
Centre to declare 865 Marathi speaking villages in Karnataka
as a Union Territory.
"It (the boundary dispute) is a closed chapter," he said
pointing out that the Mahajan Commission was appointed after
both Karnataka and Maharashtra gave their approval.
Karnataka had accepted its report, Yeddyurappa said,
adding the Centre had also filed an affidavit declaring that
those villages are part of Karnataka.
He termed as "unfortunate" the raking up of the boundary
issue by Maharashtra Ekikarana Samiti (a pro-Maharashtra
outfit based in Belgaum) and urged the Maharashtra Government
not to entertain its "baseless demand".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?