Belgaum row causes Rs 2-cr loss to MSRTC
Solapur: Maharashtra State Road Transport
Corporation (MSRTC) Chairman Sudhakar Paricharak today said
the Belgaum controversy has so far caused a loss of Rs two
crore to the Corporation.
"So far the loss has gone upto the tune of Rs 2 crore and
if such situation prevailed in future then it could be
unbearable for the corporation to ply its buses in
neighbouring state as it is already running in deficit thanks
to the hike in the prices of diesel," he said.
The MSRTC has stopped plying more than 250 buses in
Karnataka state since the controversy over Belgaum began, he
Solapur, Kolhapur and Sangli are the main districts that
share border with Karnataka and MSRTC depots here have stopped
bus services to prevent the damages to its buses due to stone
pelting and mob fury, Paricharak told PTI.
However, he made it clear that the controversy has not
affected the commuters as they have made all the arrangements
to bring back passengers from Maharashtra from Karnataka
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!