Belgaum row causes Rs 2-cr loss to MSRTC
Solapur: Maharashtra State Road Transport
Corporation (MSRTC) Chairman Sudhakar Paricharak today said
the Belgaum controversy has so far caused a loss of Rs two
crore to the Corporation.
"So far the loss has gone upto the tune of Rs 2 crore and
if such situation prevailed in future then it could be
unbearable for the corporation to ply its buses in
neighbouring state as it is already running in deficit thanks
to the hike in the prices of diesel," he said.
The MSRTC has stopped plying more than 250 buses in
Karnataka state since the controversy over Belgaum began, he
Solapur, Kolhapur and Sangli are the main districts that
share border with Karnataka and MSRTC depots here have stopped
bus services to prevent the damages to its buses due to stone
pelting and mob fury, Paricharak told PTI.
However, he made it clear that the controversy has not
affected the commuters as they have made all the arrangements
to bring back passengers from Maharashtra from Karnataka
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why