BEST employees call off strike after talks with govt
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: BEST Workers` Union on Wednesday called the two-day strike after talks with the state government. The employees of the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport were protesting the new computerised scheduling system .
The Bombay High Court had asked the BEST employees to call off the strike which caused inconvenience to thousands of commuters in Mumbai and its suburbs.
Senior BEST officials had warned of strict action against the drivers and the conductors if they failed to resume work.
Around 40 per cent of the staffers had accepted the new scheduling system and even filled up forms, sources said.
The BEST runs a fleet of 4,200 buses and ferries 40 lakh passengers in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane and Mira Road daily. It has around 22,000 drivers/conductors who ply buses on more than 500 routes daily.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter