BEST employees call off strike after talks with govt
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: BEST Workers` Union on Wednesday called the two-day strike after talks with the state government. The employees of the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport were protesting the new computerised scheduling system .
The Bombay High Court had asked the BEST employees to call off the strike which caused inconvenience to thousands of commuters in Mumbai and its suburbs.
Senior BEST officials had warned of strict action against the drivers and the conductors if they failed to resume work.
Around 40 per cent of the staffers had accepted the new scheduling system and even filled up forms, sources said.
The BEST runs a fleet of 4,200 buses and ferries 40 lakh passengers in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane and Mira Road daily. It has around 22,000 drivers/conductors who ply buses on more than 500 routes daily.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'