BHEL GM, two others in CBI net in bribery case
Nagpur: General manager of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) here and two others were arrested for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 1.10 lakh, CBI sources said.
The accused have been identified as BHEL general manager Vinay Kumar Agarwal, senior engineer Vivek Kamal and trainee engineer Umesh Aglawe.
The trio was arrested after a trap was laid at BHEL office here yesterday. They were later produced in a court, which remanded them in transit remand till July 27 as they were taken to Ahmedabad.
The complainant Vishal Shah is the managing director of Pressure Jet Company, Ahmedabad which supplies hydraulic pressure jets.
BHEL had floated tenders for supply of pumps worth Rs 65 lakh. Shah had won the bid and the trio soon got in touch with Shah asking him pay two per cent of the amount towads the supply order.
However, Shah did not want to pay any bribe and decided to approach the CBI, where he lodged a complaint. Accordingly, a trap was laid yesterday.
All the accused accepted amount ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 60,000 from the complainant. CBI team later conducted searches at their residential premises also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical