Bhiwapur villages flooded after heavy rains in Nagpur
Nagpur: Hundreds of people were affected when more than 25 villages were flooded early Sunday due to heavy downpour resulting in Madhu river overflowing in Bhiwapur taluka near here, official sources said.
Owing to heavy rainfall this morning, Madhu river and nearby rivulets were flooded and water entered many houses in over 25 villages in Bhiwapur taluka of Nagpur district, Bhiwapur tehsildar D S Badhiye told a news agency.
The exact number of affected villagers could not be ascertained immediately but they have been shifted to schools and community centres, he said.
Local revenue officials have reached the villages even as the water started receding by noon.
Most parts of the region were experiencing rains since last night, though there were no reports of flooding from other places, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...