Bhiwapur villages flooded after heavy rains in Nagpur
Nagpur: Hundreds of people were affected when more than 25 villages were flooded early Sunday due to heavy downpour resulting in Madhu river overflowing in Bhiwapur taluka near here, official sources said.
Owing to heavy rainfall this morning, Madhu river and nearby rivulets were flooded and water entered many houses in over 25 villages in Bhiwapur taluka of Nagpur district, Bhiwapur tehsildar D S Badhiye told a news agency.
The exact number of affected villagers could not be ascertained immediately but they have been shifted to schools and community centres, he said.
Local revenue officials have reached the villages even as the water started receding by noon.
Most parts of the region were experiencing rains since last night, though there were no reports of flooding from other places, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far