Bhiwapur villages flooded after heavy rains in Nagpur
Nagpur: Hundreds of people were affected when more than 25 villages were flooded early Sunday due to heavy downpour resulting in Madhu river overflowing in Bhiwapur taluka near here, official sources said.
Owing to heavy rainfall this morning, Madhu river and nearby rivulets were flooded and water entered many houses in over 25 villages in Bhiwapur taluka of Nagpur district, Bhiwapur tehsildar D S Badhiye told a news agency.
The exact number of affected villagers could not be ascertained immediately but they have been shifted to schools and community centres, he said.
Local revenue officials have reached the villages even as the water started receding by noon.
Most parts of the region were experiencing rains since last night, though there were no reports of flooding from other places, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'