Bhiwapur villages flooded after heavy rains in Nagpur
Nagpur: Hundreds of people were affected when more than 25 villages were flooded early Sunday due to heavy downpour resulting in Madhu river overflowing in Bhiwapur taluka near here, official sources said.
Owing to heavy rainfall this morning, Madhu river and nearby rivulets were flooded and water entered many houses in over 25 villages in Bhiwapur taluka of Nagpur district, Bhiwapur tehsildar D S Badhiye told a news agency.
The exact number of affected villagers could not be ascertained immediately but they have been shifted to schools and community centres, he said.
Local revenue officials have reached the villages even as the water started receding by noon.
Most parts of the region were experiencing rains since last night, though there were no reports of flooding from other places, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical