Bhiwapur villages flooded after heavy rains in Nagpur
Nagpur: Hundreds of people were affected when more than 25 villages were flooded early on Sunday due to heavy downpour resulting in Madhu river overflowing in Bhiwapur taluka near here, official sources said.
Owing to heavy rainfall this morning, Madhu river and nearby rivulets were flooded and water entered many houses in over 25 villages in Bhiwapur taluka of Nagpur district, Bhiwapur tehsildar D S Badhiye said.
The exact number of affected villagers could not be ascertained immediately but they have been shifted to schools and community centres, he said.
Local revenue officials have reached the villages even as the water started receding by noon.
Most parts of the region were experiencing rains since last night, though there were no reports of flooding from other places, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi