Bhujbal denies allegations regarding his trust
Mumbai: Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan
Bhujbal on Monday denied the allegation that he or his family
members was illegally using two floors of the building of
Mumbai Education Trust (MET), an educational institution
controlled by him.
Talking to the reporters here, Bhujbal said his family
did not own a showroom in the building. "I and my family live
at `Ramtek`, the government bungalow," he said.
The NCP leader also described as "laughable" the
allegation by former MET trustee, Sunil Karve, that Bhujbal
had offered to give Rs 25 crore to MET to name a campus of the
trust in Nashik as `Bhujbal Knowledge city`.
"Because of the baseless allegations, Sunil Karve lost
his trusteeship of MET. To get a stay to the decision, he
moved the High court and the Charity Commissioner," Bhujbal
He added that he accepted the Charity Commissioner`s
order of inspection of MET premises in Mumbai, as he had
nothing to hide. "The inspection is complete and the report
will be submitted to the court. But the media carried reports
that there was an inquiry against MET, and I had been
prohibited from entering the premises," Bhujbal added.
Referring to the stricture in the leaked CAG report that
MET was given land at a concessional rate in Nashik, Bhujbal
said his institute had been given the land as per the same
yardstick which is applied to all educational, social
institutions, and hospitals.
"There has been no violation of rules."
He expressed confidence that the truth would come out in
the court cases filed against MET by Karve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre