Bhujbal denies rift between him and party chief Sharad Pawar
Pune: Scoffing speculations of a rift with Sharad Pawar after losing the post of Deputy Chief Minister, Maharashtra Minister Chhagan Bhujbal today asserted that the NCP president always supported the cause of the OBCs, being championed by him.
Renewing his demand for reservations for OBCs, Bhujbal, addressing a rally said "Pawar and I share the same views on development of OBCs and today`s meeting should not be seen as my show of strength as commented upon by the media."
Governor K Sankarnarayanan and Ajit Pawar, nephew of the NCP chief, who took over as deputy chief minister in the Prithviraj Chavan ministry, sidelining Bhujbal were present on the occasion where the death anniversary of Mahatma Phule, social reformer of Maharashtra was observed.
Bhujbal, turning to Ajit Pawar who also holds the finance portfolio requested him to hike the budgetary provision for OBCs in the state which he said accounted for 54 per cent of
The rally was organised by Akhil Bharatiya Samata Parishad, founded and headed by Bhujbal, the OBC leader, who parted ways with Shiv Sena to join Congress and later sided with Sharad Pawar after the formation of NCP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal