Bid to loot cash from ATM foiled in Thane, 2 arrested
Thane: An attempt to loot cash from an ATM machine of Axis Bank in Manor here was foiled in the wee hours of Tuesday by a night patrol team, which swung into action after noticing some suspicious movement inside the unguarded kiosk, police said.
According to API Meghana Burande of Manor police station, the incident took place around 3.30 AM when policemen patrolling the area immediately informed her about the robbery bid.
Soon the woman officer reached the spot with additional police force and downed the shutter of the ATM kiosk and cordoned off the area before arresting two armed men, who had allegedly broke the machine and were trying to take the currency.
Both the miscreants, aged around 25, were armed with sharp weapons, cutters and knives to attack anyone resisting the loot, Burande said.
Police is trying to find out whether the duo is involved in any other such crimes, she said.
Burande said that banks have failed to provide armed security despite several warnings.
The police are in the process of registering the offence and have summoned bank personnel for further inputs, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning