Biggest Mercedes-Benz deal in a day in Aurangabad
This sleepy Maharashtra town showed its massive spending power Friday as 150 gleaming new Mercedes-Benz cars purred out of the company premises with all the paperwork in order.
The buyers, known as the "Aurangabad Group", included top industrialists, businessmen and professionals.
"We wanted to put Aurangabad on the world map by this," commented Rishi Darda, managing director, Lokmat (newspaper) Group and one of the proud buyers of a Merc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'