Bihar: Probe into sexual harassment of Mumbai girl
Betiah: The Bihar Commission for Protection of Child Rights (BCPCR) on Monday ordered a probe into the complaint of a teenage girl that she had been sexually exploited by an employee of a short-stay home here.
BCPCR chairman Nisha Jha said that the Commission had ordered the enquiry after receiving a complaint by the girl from Mumbai alleging that she was sexually exploited by an employee at the home run by a Chandigarh-based NGO `Fakarina` recently.
BCPCR member Shobha Prakash Kushwaha would visit Betiah soon to investigate the matter and take the statement of the victim, she said.
West Champaran police chief Sunil Kumar Naik said that a police investigation was going on.
Naik, who had personally recorded the statement of the victim at a hospital yesterday, said she appeared to be mentally distressed and was changing her statement frequently.
District Magistrate Shridhar Chiribolu said that he had also ordered a probe by the sub-divisional officer and deputy superintendent of police.
The victim is currently recuperating at the Betiah hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’