Bihar: Probe into sexual harassment of Mumbai girl
Betiah: The Bihar Commission for Protection of Child Rights (BCPCR) on Monday ordered a probe into the complaint of a teenage girl that she had been sexually exploited by an employee of a short-stay home here.
BCPCR chairman Nisha Jha said that the Commission had ordered the enquiry after receiving a complaint by the girl from Mumbai alleging that she was sexually exploited by an employee at the home run by a Chandigarh-based NGO `Fakarina` recently.
BCPCR member Shobha Prakash Kushwaha would visit Betiah soon to investigate the matter and take the statement of the victim, she said.
West Champaran police chief Sunil Kumar Naik said that a police investigation was going on.
Naik, who had personally recorded the statement of the victim at a hospital yesterday, said she appeared to be mentally distressed and was changing her statement frequently.
District Magistrate Shridhar Chiribolu said that he had also ordered a probe by the sub-divisional officer and deputy superintendent of police.
The victim is currently recuperating at the Betiah hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29