Bike-borne assailants closely followed J Dey
Mumbai: The motorcycle-borne assailants
closely followed senior journalist J Dey before he was shot
dead in suburban Powai, footage obtained from a CCTV installed
in the area shows.
Dey was driving a motorcycle when he was fired upon by
gunmen on June 11 near Spectrum Building in Hiranandani area
of the upscale suburb.
Four attackers on two bikes followed the 56-year-old
Mid-Day crime reporter before closing in and executing their
plan, the footage, aired by some news channels, showed.
However, the murder has not been captured by the CCTV.
One of the gunmen is believed to be Rohit Thangappan
alias Satish Kalya, a Chhota Rajan gang member, who allegedly
plotted the murder.
The images were captured by a CCTV installed at
D-Mart, a shopping centre in Hiranandani area.
Another CCTV footage showed panic-stricken people
moving near Spectrum Building after the attack.
Police had yesterday claimed to have cracked the case,
saying gangster Rajan was behind Dey`s killing and seven
persons hired by him, including Kalya, were arrested.
The attackers did not know the identity of their
target. They were given description of the victim and his bike
number a week before the killing, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings