BJP activist bids to self-immolate in Gadkari`s presence
Solapur: A bid to self-immolate by a
local BJP activist in presence of party`s national president
Nitin Gadkari was foiled by party workers here on Monday.
Gadkari was taken aback on seeing Sunil Golkonda (26),
who raised slogans and sprinkled kerosene on self and was
about to light, when the party workers rescued him, party
Golkunda, secretary of Barshi taluka, has been
requesting the party leadership to promote him for the taluka
president`s post, but his pleas fell on deaf ears, he said,
adding that he took this extreme step to bring it to the
notice of the party`s top leadership.
Golkunda was rushed to the nearby hospital, party
It was Gadkari`s first visit to the place after he
became the BJP national president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- Two UAE women reunite with Indian mother after 28 years
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming
- Himachal sees 26 percent deficit rainfall
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana