BJP activists detained for protest against Wikiped
Mumbai: About 20 activists of the BJP`s
youth wing were Friday detained while they were demonstrating against the wrong representation of maps of Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh on Wikipedia, outside the Mumbai University here.
The protest comes on the day when the founder of
Wikipedia Jimmy Whales was at the varsity to deliver the
opening address on the `Wikipedia Conference`.
BJP`s city youth president Ameet Satam told PTI that the
demonstration was against wrong and illegal depiction of the
map of India, not showing Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal
Pradesh as part of the country, which is an criminal offence.
"We have sent a letter to the Mumbai Police Commissioner
and also to the Azad Maidan police station to take cognisance
of the issue and register a criminal case against Jimmy Whales
and Wikipedia`s India chairman," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid