BJP activists detained for protest against Wikiped
Mumbai: About 20 activists of the BJP`s
youth wing were Friday detained while they were demonstrating against the wrong representation of maps of Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh on Wikipedia, outside the Mumbai University here.
The protest comes on the day when the founder of
Wikipedia Jimmy Whales was at the varsity to deliver the
opening address on the `Wikipedia Conference`.
BJP`s city youth president Ameet Satam told PTI that the
demonstration was against wrong and illegal depiction of the
map of India, not showing Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal
Pradesh as part of the country, which is an criminal offence.
"We have sent a letter to the Mumbai Police Commissioner
and also to the Azad Maidan police station to take cognisance
of the issue and register a criminal case against Jimmy Whales
and Wikipedia`s India chairman," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune