BJP activists detained for protest against Wikiped
Mumbai: About 20 activists of the BJP`s
youth wing were Friday detained while they were demonstrating against the wrong representation of maps of Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh on Wikipedia, outside the Mumbai University here.
The protest comes on the day when the founder of
Wikipedia Jimmy Whales was at the varsity to deliver the
opening address on the `Wikipedia Conference`.
BJP`s city youth president Ameet Satam told PTI that the
demonstration was against wrong and illegal depiction of the
map of India, not showing Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal
Pradesh as part of the country, which is an criminal offence.
"We have sent a letter to the Mumbai Police Commissioner
and also to the Azad Maidan police station to take cognisance
of the issue and register a criminal case against Jimmy Whales
and Wikipedia`s India chairman," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After China warns India, Baloch and Sindhi leaders hail PM Narendra Modi outside Chinese embassy – Watch
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission