BJP activists detained for protest against Wikiped
Mumbai: About 20 activists of the BJP`s
youth wing were Friday detained while they were demonstrating against the wrong representation of maps of Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh on Wikipedia, outside the Mumbai University here.
The protest comes on the day when the founder of
Wikipedia Jimmy Whales was at the varsity to deliver the
opening address on the `Wikipedia Conference`.
BJP`s city youth president Ameet Satam told PTI that the
demonstration was against wrong and illegal depiction of the
map of India, not showing Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal
Pradesh as part of the country, which is an criminal offence.
"We have sent a letter to the Mumbai Police Commissioner
and also to the Azad Maidan police station to take cognisance
of the issue and register a criminal case against Jimmy Whales
and Wikipedia`s India chairman," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'