BJP activists detained for protest against Wikiped
Mumbai: About 20 activists of the BJP`s
youth wing were Friday detained while they were demonstrating against the wrong representation of maps of Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh on Wikipedia, outside the Mumbai University here.
The protest comes on the day when the founder of
Wikipedia Jimmy Whales was at the varsity to deliver the
opening address on the `Wikipedia Conference`.
BJP`s city youth president Ameet Satam told PTI that the
demonstration was against wrong and illegal depiction of the
map of India, not showing Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal
Pradesh as part of the country, which is an criminal offence.
"We have sent a letter to the Mumbai Police Commissioner
and also to the Azad Maidan police station to take cognisance
of the issue and register a criminal case against Jimmy Whales
and Wikipedia`s India chairman," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?