BJP approaches EC over `misuse` of Narendra Modi`s name, image in Maharashtra
Mumbai: The BJP on Thursday asked the Chief Election Commissioner V Sampath to act against those "misusing" its PM nominee Narendra Modi`s name and picture to garner votes.
"The Election Commission should take cognisance of the violation of the Model Code of Conduct by some political parties/individuals by using images/name of our prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi," Shrikant Bharatiya, War Room Incharge, BJP Election Management Committee, told Sampath here.
A BJP delegation comprising Bharatiya, state unit general secretary Atul Bhatkhalkar and Mumbai unit president Ashish Shelar met the Chief Election Commissioner here.
"It has come to our knowledge that some of the political parties and also individuals are trying to cause undue influence and thereby doing corrupt practice by using banners and/or posters showing images/logo/name of Modi and also our motto to pretend to the voters that as if there is an alliance between ourselves and the said individuals and/or political parties thereby luring voters and misguiding them to vote for them," BJP said, in a memorandum to Sampath.
"The said acts are done in entire state of Maharashtra. We make it clear that our Mahayuti (opposition alliance) consists of only (1) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), (2) Shiv Sena (SS), (3) Republican Party of India (RPI A), (4) Rashtriya Samaj Paksha (RSP) and (5) Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghtana (SSS) and we have no other individual and/or political party included in our Mahayuti.
"Except above parties from our Mahayuti no other parties are associated with us and are not entitled to use our common logo/images/motto and/or name of our Prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"We request you to take appropriate action against such individuals and/or political parties for using corrupt practice as defined under Section 123 of the Representation of Peoples Act, 1951 violation of Election Model Code of Conduct viz I (4) of the said Code of Conduct and criminal action at the earliest and to take further appropriate steps to stop the said persons/political parties from in any manner trying to pretend and/or associate themselves from our Mahayuti and/or Modi," BJP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical