BJP blames Maha govt, Centre for farmer suicides
Yavatmal: The BJP on Monday blamed the state and
Central governments for the agrarian crisis and farmers`
suicides in the cotton heartland of Vidarbha.
At a press conference here, state BJP chief Sudhir Mungantiwar demanded criminal action against Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan, his deputy Ajit Pawar and Agriculture
Minister Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil, accusing them of failing to
prevent farmers` suicides in the state.
He was speaking after visiting the Government Medical
College here to enquire about the condition of, Arun Sabhane,
a local farmer, who tried to commit suicide at a meeting
attended by the Chief Minister yesterday.
Mungantiwar, also a legislator, said ministers in the
state are busy fighting with each other for their personal
gains and find no time to think of the people`s welfare.
Irrigation facilities in Maharashtra are "woefully
inadequate" as compared to states like Punjab, Haryana and
even Rajasthan, the BJP leader said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case