BJP blames Maha govt, Centre for farmer suicides
Yavatmal: The BJP on Monday blamed the state and
Central governments for the agrarian crisis and farmers`
suicides in the cotton heartland of Vidarbha.
At a press conference here, state BJP chief Sudhir Mungantiwar demanded criminal action against Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan, his deputy Ajit Pawar and Agriculture
Minister Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil, accusing them of failing to
prevent farmers` suicides in the state.
He was speaking after visiting the Government Medical
College here to enquire about the condition of, Arun Sabhane,
a local farmer, who tried to commit suicide at a meeting
attended by the Chief Minister yesterday.
Mungantiwar, also a legislator, said ministers in the
state are busy fighting with each other for their personal
gains and find no time to think of the people`s welfare.
Irrigation facilities in Maharashtra are "woefully
inadequate" as compared to states like Punjab, Haryana and
even Rajasthan, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere