BJP condemns MNS actions: Javadekar
New Delhi: In the backdrop of the assault
on Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi in Maharashtra assembly by MNS
members, a senior BJP leader on Wednesday said his party had
condemned such attacks in the past and alleged that most such
incidents related to Raj Thackeray`s party were stage-managed.
During an interaction here, BJP spokesperson Prakash
Javadekar said his party had always condemned Maharashtra
Navnirman Sena`s brand of politics and its actions.
MNS had first come into the limelight after its
members attacked taxi-drivers and low-end workers from North
India who were working in Maharashtra.
Javadekar alleged these were "stage-managed under
"Yes, a few incidents did take place ... But on the
whole Mumbai was quiet. What it did had a psychological impact
which helped the Congress-NCP combine in the elections," he
BJP fared badly in the recent assembly elections in
Maharashtra and the Congress-NCP alliance won the polls.
Commenting on the just-concluded Lok Sabha by-polls in
Firozabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh where Samajwadi
Party`s candidate Dimple Yadav lost to Congress candidate Raj
Babbar, Javadekar said, "Firstly, it was the anti-Yadav wave
which resulted in the defeat. And the traditional Muslim
voters also deserted the party (SP)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof