BJP condemns MNS actions: Javadekar
New Delhi: In the backdrop of the assault
on Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi in Maharashtra assembly by MNS
members, a senior BJP leader on Wednesday said his party had
condemned such attacks in the past and alleged that most such
incidents related to Raj Thackeray`s party were stage-managed.
During an interaction here, BJP spokesperson Prakash
Javadekar said his party had always condemned Maharashtra
Navnirman Sena`s brand of politics and its actions.
MNS had first come into the limelight after its
members attacked taxi-drivers and low-end workers from North
India who were working in Maharashtra.
Javadekar alleged these were "stage-managed under
"Yes, a few incidents did take place ... But on the
whole Mumbai was quiet. What it did had a psychological impact
which helped the Congress-NCP combine in the elections," he
BJP fared badly in the recent assembly elections in
Maharashtra and the Congress-NCP alliance won the polls.
Commenting on the just-concluded Lok Sabha by-polls in
Firozabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh where Samajwadi
Party`s candidate Dimple Yadav lost to Congress candidate Raj
Babbar, Javadekar said, "Firstly, it was the anti-Yadav wave
which resulted in the defeat. And the traditional Muslim
voters also deserted the party (SP)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!