BJP confident of Modi attending Mumbai conclave
Mumbai: Even as suspense continues over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s attending the BJP national executive meeting here beginning from May 24, the party`s Mumbai unit is confident that he will attend it.
"Modi is the member of the national executive and all the members have been invited. He is our esteemed leader and we are confident that he will come," Mumbai BJP president Raj Purohit told a press conference.
He said the two-day event will be a `no-frills` affair due to severe drought situation in Maharashtra. Earlier, national executive meetings in Mumbai were held in five-star hotels.
The conclave will be held this time at the Yeshwantrao Chavan Pratisthan, which is headed by Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief and union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar in South Mumbai.
Purohit said issues like corruption, inflation, national security, drought and "inefficiency" of the UPA government will be discussed at the conclave.
Nearly 500 delegates are expected to attend the meeting, apart from the chief ministers, including Modi, of all BJP-ruled states, who will stay at the state-owned Sahaydri guest house.
The two-day event will culminate in a public rally to be organised at the Babu Genu Kamgar Maidan in Central Mumbai, and will be addressed by party president Nitin Gadkari, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley among others.
Purohit said senior leader LK Advani will not attend the rally since he has some prior engagements in Delhi.
Purohit said the media centre has been set up at Mahila Vikas Mandal premises opposite the venue of the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement