BJP criticises Maharashtra government`s toll collection policy
Mumbai: Criticising Maharashtra government for toll collection, which sparked wide protests in various parts of the state, BJP here claimed the toll has been "misused" on a large scale.
"Toll was misused on a large scale in the state. The tendering process in the state is `managed`. There is `vasooli` (recovery) going on at toll plazas," Maharashtra BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis told reporters here today.
He also alleged that the tendering process is "managed" by the state government.
Stressing on a credible alternative to toll, Fadnavis said that if and when the Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI government comes to power, "vasooli" would not allowed.
Fadnavis also slammed Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil for his statement that the state government would monitor CCTV footages of vandalisation by Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers.
"The Maharashtra home minister always makes such loaded statements. He has a habit of making such statements, though nobody takes his statements seriously," Fadnavis said.
Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde also lashed out at the Maharashtra government saying, "Had the government taken note of it in the beginning itself, the situation would have never come to this".
He also equated toll collection with the "jizyah" tax.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Home Minister Patil said that the government would check the recording of Raj Thackeray`s speech.
"If he is found guilty, action will be taken," Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch