BJP dares MNS to reveal secret talks
Sangli: The BJP on Wednesday challenged MNS chief Raj Thackeray to reveal the supposed negotiations between the two parties for a proposed alliance in the state.
"He is most welcome to make public our secret discussions on the issue," Bharatiya Janata Party state chief Devendra Fadnavis said.
He said the discussions between the two parties pertained only on the issue of consolidating opposition votes and prevent the ruling Congress-NCP from getting the benefit of a divided opposition.
He reiterated that a coalition of the BJP, Shiv Sena and the Republican Party of India would win the next Assembly elections due in 2014.
Fadnavi`s plain talk followed Raj Thackeray`s threat to reveal the secret discussions between his MNS and the BJP.
"I have clearly said that there should be no more talk on this issue by anybody. If anybody raises the matter again, I shall be forced to go public with the secret discussions held in this regard," Thackeray said.
Incidentally, in the past few months, leaders of the all three parties in the Grand Alliance have been wooing the MNS to its fold, but the latter has not obliged.
While Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray had publicly offered a welcome hand to the MNS, several leaders from the BJP and the RPI have met Raj Thackeray and solicited his support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week