BJP dares MNS to reveal secret talks
Sangli: The BJP on Wednesday challenged MNS chief Raj Thackeray to reveal the supposed negotiations between the two parties for a proposed alliance in the state.
"He is most welcome to make public our secret discussions on the issue," Bharatiya Janata Party state chief Devendra Fadnavis said.
He said the discussions between the two parties pertained only on the issue of consolidating opposition votes and prevent the ruling Congress-NCP from getting the benefit of a divided opposition.
He reiterated that a coalition of the BJP, Shiv Sena and the Republican Party of India would win the next Assembly elections due in 2014.
Fadnavi`s plain talk followed Raj Thackeray`s threat to reveal the secret discussions between his MNS and the BJP.
"I have clearly said that there should be no more talk on this issue by anybody. If anybody raises the matter again, I shall be forced to go public with the secret discussions held in this regard," Thackeray said.
Incidentally, in the past few months, leaders of the all three parties in the Grand Alliance have been wooing the MNS to its fold, but the latter has not obliged.
While Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray had publicly offered a welcome hand to the MNS, several leaders from the BJP and the RPI have met Raj Thackeray and solicited his support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees