BJP demands Chavan`s resignation after Rahul`s disapproval
Mumbai: Maharashtra BJP on Friday demanded the resignation of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, who was reportedly pulled up by the Congress high-command for rejecting the Adarsh scam probe commission`s report.
"Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has been castigated by Rahul Gandhi over the decision to reject the Adarsh Commission`s report. Hence, Chavan should resign," said leader of opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today said in Delhi that Maharashtra government should reconsider its decision to reject the report.
The report indicts four former Congress Chief Ministers - Shivajirao Patil-Nilangekar, Sushil Kumar Shinde, Ashok Chavan and the late Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"Even Congress` ally NCP has criticised Chavan for taking the decision," Tawde said. "Now the Congress high-command has expressed disapproval about Chavan`s decision. The Adarsh panel has also indicted Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde. Now let us see what action is initiated against him," the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley