BJP demands SIT probe against Bhujbal, Tatkare
Mumbai: A BJP delegation on Saturday met Maharashtra Governor K Sankarnarayanan and sought a probe by SIT against NCP ministers Chhagan Bhujbal and Sunil Tatkare citing `inaction` on part of the state government in ordering inquiry against the duo for alleged graft.
"We have given a written submission to governor K Sankarnarayanan seeking his sanction to take action against Bhujbal and Tatkare by ordering a SIT probe as the ACB and EOW have not done anything even though we had submitted the documentary evidence to them earlier," BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya who led the delegation to Raj Bhavan told reporters.
The BJP had on July 31 submitted a "public charge sheet" against Water Resources Minister Sunil Tatkare and PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal to the EOW of Mumbai Police and demanded an FIR registered against the two before August 15 for alleged corruption and money-laundering.
The delegation which met the Governor at Raj Bhavan handed him over a folder containing confidential documents along with 2600 pages of "evidence" against the two ministers.
The party members had also given the `documentary evidence" to chief minister Prithviraj Chavan after meeting him at his residence here last night.
"The chief minister told us that the documents were foolproof," Somaiya said, adding the delegation held "detailed" discussions on the issue with both the chief minister and the Governor.
The BJP leader reiterated that if the government failed to initiate an inquiry against Bhujbal and Tatkare, he would move court on August 16.\
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi