BJP demands SIT probe against Bhujbal, Tatkare
Mumbai: A BJP delegation on Saturday met Maharashtra Governor K Sankarnarayanan and sought a probe by SIT against NCP ministers Chhagan Bhujbal and Sunil Tatkare citing `inaction` on part of the state government in ordering inquiry against the duo for alleged graft.
"We have given a written submission to governor K Sankarnarayanan seeking his sanction to take action against Bhujbal and Tatkare by ordering a SIT probe as the ACB and EOW have not done anything even though we had submitted the documentary evidence to them earlier," BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya who led the delegation to Raj Bhavan told reporters.
The BJP had on July 31 submitted a "public charge sheet" against Water Resources Minister Sunil Tatkare and PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal to the EOW of Mumbai Police and demanded an FIR registered against the two before August 15 for alleged corruption and money-laundering.
The delegation which met the Governor at Raj Bhavan handed him over a folder containing confidential documents along with 2600 pages of "evidence" against the two ministers.
The party members had also given the `documentary evidence" to chief minister Prithviraj Chavan after meeting him at his residence here last night.
"The chief minister told us that the documents were foolproof," Somaiya said, adding the delegation held "detailed" discussions on the issue with both the chief minister and the Governor.
The BJP leader reiterated that if the government failed to initiate an inquiry against Bhujbal and Tatkare, he would move court on August 16.\
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!