BJP didn’t perform well in municipal polls: Khadse
Mumbai: The Leader of Opposition in the
Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse on Saturday said that
BJP did not perform as expected in the recently-concluded
municipal council polls.
Talking to reporters, Khadse said even though party
did well in terms of percentage of votes and number of seats,
it was not as expected.
"At tomorrow`s meeting in the presence of the party
chief Nitin Gadkari and senior leader Venkaiah Naidu,
discussions will be held regarding why the party did not
perform as expected," he said adding that a resolution on the
urbanisation and its challenges will be passed.
He criticised the state government for making populist
announcements on the eve of the enforcement of the Code of
"The government did not feel like taking welfare
initiatives for rural people," he said.
Apart from 10 municipal corporations, elections will
be held in 27 Zilla Parishads as well.
The seat-sharing talks for the ZP and municipal polls
are 85 per cent complete and a formal announcement will be
made next week, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read