BJP dumps Sena, occupy Mayor, Dy Mayor post
Nagpur: The ruling BJP which had struck
pre-poll alliance with its traditional partner Shiv Sena on Monday dumped the latter during the mayoral elections.
BJP`s city unit president Anil Sole became the new Mayor
of Nagpur Municipal Corporation while party nominee Sandeep
Jadhav was elected as the Deputy Mayor.
Sole polled 86 votes and defeated BSP candidate Kishore
Gajbhiye who got 52 votes. Congress nominee Sujata Kombade
withdrew her candidature. The NCP (six members) remained
For Deputy Mayor`s post, BJPs Jadhav secured 86 votes
while BSP`s Shambnam Parveen mustered 58 votes including six
from NCP. BJP, for the first time, did not offer the post of
Deputy Mayor to Sena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city