BJP dumps Sena, occupy Mayor, Dy Mayor post
Nagpur: The ruling BJP which had struck
pre-poll alliance with its traditional partner Shiv Sena on Monday dumped the latter during the mayoral elections.
BJP`s city unit president Anil Sole became the new Mayor
of Nagpur Municipal Corporation while party nominee Sandeep
Jadhav was elected as the Deputy Mayor.
Sole polled 86 votes and defeated BSP candidate Kishore
Gajbhiye who got 52 votes. Congress nominee Sujata Kombade
withdrew her candidature. The NCP (six members) remained
For Deputy Mayor`s post, BJPs Jadhav secured 86 votes
while BSP`s Shambnam Parveen mustered 58 votes including six
from NCP. BJP, for the first time, did not offer the post of
Deputy Mayor to Sena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read