BJP is following up regional languages issue in UPSC: Jawadekar
Shirdi (Mah): BJP has opposed the scrapping of regional language paper in the Union Public Service Commission examination and is likely to take up this issue firmly with the Centre shortly.
"I do not know about Raj Thackeray`s opinion on UPSC`s decision to drop regional languages in its examinations, but we following up this issue and will discuss it with concerned the Union Minister this week," BJP spokesperson Prakash Jawadekar told a news agency here last night when asked to react on MNS chief`s statement that MPs should raise the matter in Parliament as the move was "anti-people".
Jawadekar said that regional languages must be respected and UPSC should not have made changes.
"We have already raised the issue in Parliament. We are also writing letters to all MPs as this decision will have an impact on all regional languages," he added.
On the drought situation in Maharashtra, Jawadekar said that the situation was brought upon by natural calamities but it has become more grave owing to negligence by the state government over the last 15 years.
He said that BJP has demanded Rs 2,200 crore from the Centre to face water scarcity in Maharashtra.
The BJP MP was here to offer prayers to Saibaba yesterday.
Raj had yesterday said that the "monopoly" of English was not desirable.
"Students must have a choice. Applicants from Maharashtra must have the opportunity to answer the exams in Marathi," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you