BJP leader files corruption complaint against Maha minister
Mumbai: BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya on Wednesday filed a complaint with the Anti-corruption Bureau (ACB) here demanding an FIR against Maharashtra Minister Bhaskar Jadhav, days after he came under scanner for the lavish wedding of his children at Chiplun in Ratnagiri district.
"Jadhav has abused his power, indulged in corrupt practices and he should be booked under relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act," Somaiya demanded after filing a written criminal complaint at Maharashtra Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) office here.
Jadhav is the Minister of State for Urban Development and Forests.
Last week, the Income Tax (I-T) department had conducted searches at the premises of Jadhav, after he came under scanner for the lavish wedding particularly at a time when many parts of the state were facing the prospect of a severe drought.
The I-T has been gathering information about the huge expenses incurred on the elaborate wedding of Jadhav`s son and daughter a fortnight ago.
Somaiya alleged, "The minister had spent crores of rupees for the grand celebration of his children`s marriage a few days ago. Contractors, who take government related work, are the sponsors for the minister`s children marriage functions," he further alleged.
"The contractors have not spent the money from their official sources of income. Black money has been used for the marriages. Jadhav did not file Income Tax returns ever since he became minister," he added.
When contacted, the minister was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!