BJP leader Gopinath Munde`s daughters injured in accident
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde`s
two daughters, one of them an MLA, were injured after being
hit by a speeding motorcycle driven by a college student,
police said on Saturday.
"The incident happened yesterday at around 11:45 pm
outside Poorna Apartments in Worli, where the Munde family
stays. Preetam and Pankaja were walking on the footpath when a
youth who was passing by them on a motorcycle suddenly lost
control over the vehicle and it skidded off the road and hit
the duo," Worli Police Station SI Bharat Worlikar said.
"The girls were on their way to the residence of Poonam
Mahajan (late Pramod Mahajan`s daughter and relative of
Mundes)," he said.
While Preetam was rushed to Lilavati Hospital in Bandra
with injuries on her head, stomach and leg, her elder sister
and MLA Pankaja suffered minor injuries and was administered
first-aid, police said.
The 20-year-old bike rider has been arrested and charged
with rash driving, they said.
"Preliminary investigation suggested that the youth was
in a hurry as he was on his way to buy medicines," the SI
said, adding that medical examination concluded that he was
Further probe is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note