BJP leads morcha to Maha Assembly in Nagpur; targets Ajit Pawar
Nagpur: Opposition BJP on Tuesday led a massive march to Vidhan Bhawan here where winter session of the Maharashtra legislature is underway.
The morcha was organised to highlight the burning issues including re-induction of senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar as deputy chief minister, irrigation `scam` in the state and FDI policy to name a few.
Thousands of party workers participated in the march that started from Reshimbagh ground and culminated at the Vidhan Bhawan.
Senior BJP leaders including party president Nitin Gadkari, Deputy Speaker in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde, Leaders of Opposition in Legislative Assembly and Council Eknath Khadse and Vinod Tawde, respectively, and party MLAs walked the stretch and delivered speeches.
The top leaders slammed the Centre for its policy of opening multi-brand retail in the country to foreign supermarket chains and its `failure` over reining in escalating prices of essential commodities.
Police detained some of the party workers from outside Vidhan Bhawan for violation of Prohibitory Orders under Bombay Police Act for participating in the march before releasing them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror