BJP leads morcha to Maha Assembly in Nagpur; targets Ajit Pawar
Nagpur: Opposition BJP on Tuesday led a massive march to Vidhan Bhawan here where winter session of the Maharashtra legislature is underway.
The morcha was organised to highlight the burning issues including re-induction of senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar as deputy chief minister, irrigation `scam` in the state and FDI policy to name a few.
Thousands of party workers participated in the march that started from Reshimbagh ground and culminated at the Vidhan Bhawan.
Senior BJP leaders including party president Nitin Gadkari, Deputy Speaker in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde, Leaders of Opposition in Legislative Assembly and Council Eknath Khadse and Vinod Tawde, respectively, and party MLAs walked the stretch and delivered speeches.
The top leaders slammed the Centre for its policy of opening multi-brand retail in the country to foreign supermarket chains and its `failure` over reining in escalating prices of essential commodities.
Police detained some of the party workers from outside Vidhan Bhawan for violation of Prohibitory Orders under Bombay Police Act for participating in the march before releasing them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof