BJP leads morcha to Maha Assembly in Nagpur; targets Ajit Pawar
Nagpur: Opposition BJP on Tuesday led a massive march to Vidhan Bhawan here where winter session of the Maharashtra legislature is underway.
The morcha was organised to highlight the burning issues including re-induction of senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar as deputy chief minister, irrigation `scam` in the state and FDI policy to name a few.
Thousands of party workers participated in the march that started from Reshimbagh ground and culminated at the Vidhan Bhawan.
Senior BJP leaders including party president Nitin Gadkari, Deputy Speaker in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde, Leaders of Opposition in Legislative Assembly and Council Eknath Khadse and Vinod Tawde, respectively, and party MLAs walked the stretch and delivered speeches.
The top leaders slammed the Centre for its policy of opening multi-brand retail in the country to foreign supermarket chains and its `failure` over reining in escalating prices of essential commodities.
Police detained some of the party workers from outside Vidhan Bhawan for violation of Prohibitory Orders under Bombay Police Act for participating in the march before releasing them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh