BJP leads morcha to Maha Assembly in Nagpur; targets Ajit Pawar
Nagpur: Opposition BJP on Tuesday led a massive march to Vidhan Bhawan here where winter session of the Maharashtra legislature is underway.
The morcha was organised to highlight the burning issues including re-induction of senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar as deputy chief minister, irrigation `scam` in the state and FDI policy to name a few.
Thousands of party workers participated in the march that started from Reshimbagh ground and culminated at the Vidhan Bhawan.
Senior BJP leaders including party president Nitin Gadkari, Deputy Speaker in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde, Leaders of Opposition in Legislative Assembly and Council Eknath Khadse and Vinod Tawde, respectively, and party MLAs walked the stretch and delivered speeches.
The top leaders slammed the Centre for its policy of opening multi-brand retail in the country to foreign supermarket chains and its `failure` over reining in escalating prices of essential commodities.
Police detained some of the party workers from outside Vidhan Bhawan for violation of Prohibitory Orders under Bombay Police Act for participating in the march before releasing them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'