BJP Minority Cell member found murdered
Thane: An elderly woman, who was a local BJP functionary, was found murdered in her house in Mira Road here in Thane district, police said on Sunday.
The decomposed body of Quomar Jahan Shaikh (60), a member of Minority Cell of BJP`s Mira-Bhayander unit, was found in her flat yesterday, Assistant Police Inspector VS Shende of the Mira Road Police Station said.
Veins of her both wrists had been cut with sharp weapons and Shaikh was also found to have been smothered with a pillow. She might have been killed a couple of days ago, police said.
The woman had moved to the new flat just a week ago and was staying alone, they said, adding motive behind the murder was not yet clear.
Police were alerted by the victim`s daughter Nadia, whose repeated phone calls to her mother went unanswered.
Police have registered a case of murder against unknown persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena