BJP Minority Cell member found murdered
Thane: An elderly woman, who was a local BJP functionary, was found murdered in her house in Mira Road here in Thane district, police said on Sunday.
The decomposed body of Quomar Jahan Shaikh (60), a member of Minority Cell of BJP`s Mira-Bhayander unit, was found in her flat yesterday, Assistant Police Inspector VS Shende of the Mira Road Police Station said.
Veins of her both wrists had been cut with sharp weapons and Shaikh was also found to have been smothered with a pillow. She might have been killed a couple of days ago, police said.
The woman had moved to the new flat just a week ago and was staying alone, they said, adding motive behind the murder was not yet clear.
Police were alerted by the victim`s daughter Nadia, whose repeated phone calls to her mother went unanswered.
Police have registered a case of murder against unknown persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed