BJP Minority Cell member found murdered
Thane: An elderly woman, who was a local BJP functionary, was found murdered in her house in Mira Road here in Thane district, police said on Sunday.
The decomposed body of Quomar Jahan Shaikh (60), a member of Minority Cell of BJP`s Mira-Bhayander unit, was found in her flat yesterday, Assistant Police Inspector VS Shende of the Mira Road Police Station said.
Veins of her both wrists had been cut with sharp weapons and Shaikh was also found to have been smothered with a pillow. She might have been killed a couple of days ago, police said.
The woman had moved to the new flat just a week ago and was staying alone, they said, adding motive behind the murder was not yet clear.
Police were alerted by the victim`s daughter Nadia, whose repeated phone calls to her mother went unanswered.
Police have registered a case of murder against unknown persons.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class